Bluetooth Interface MMI 2G
This unique Bluetooth interface enables plug n' play retrofitting of a Bluetooth streaming function in your Audi MMI system. No activation or coding is required.
It can be connected to any Audi MMI 2G Basic / 2G High / 2G Plus radio and is recognized by the MMI as a CD changer.
Therefore, it can show the song information of the current track in the MMI display even without an AMI (Audi Music Interface) system. With this technology, it is not necessary that an additional AMI system has to be installed or that it already has to be present as a basis in the vehicle.
The Bluetooth source (e.g. Spotify) can also be controlled via the MMI system.
In addition, the interface offers an analog AUX-In function for other audio sources.
- Bluetooth streaming from the smartphone or by the smartphone from the streaming service provider
- No activation or coding required
- Display of artist, title and album in the MMI display, without an AMI system
- An existing Bluetooth hands-free function can be operated in parallel
- Control via the MMI system (forward, backward, play, pause, skip-forward, skip-back)
- Emulates CD changer
- Compatible with all standard smartphones, regardless of whether IOS, Android or similar
- Additional AUX interface
- Easy installation, Plug n' Play
- The Bluetooth interface is often installed in the glove compartment area.
- All the necessary connections can be easily reached there.
- If a CD changer is installed, connection there is recommended.
- Activation in the MMI is not required after installation.
- The power is tapped using the supplied wiring harness with a plug-in system.
- Step by step installation instructions. (Download)
- Operation via the MMI system and the control element.
- Very well explanatory operating instructions. (Download)
- Housing dimensions: 62 x 92 x 25mm (L x W x H)
- Housing material: Metal
- Weight: approx. 160g
- Power supply voltage: 12 Volt
- Power consumption with active Bluetooth: 88 mA
- Power consumption without active Bluetooth: 78mA
- Resting current: 2,4 mA
- Communication and Control: MOST bus
- Connection cables
- Fiber optic cable (MOST bus)
- Step-by-Step Installation and Operation Manual (English/German)
Does the Interface have to be activated / coded?
No. Coding or activation via the vehicle's diagnostic system is not necessary.
Can I also connect my iPhone via Bluetooth?
Yes. All smartphones that use the standardized Bluetooth protocol (Bluetooth 4.0) can be connected.
Can I use the buttons on the radio or the multifunction steering wheel to control the Interface?
Yes, to us for regulating the volume and for selecting the previous or the next track. You can find more details in the instruction guide.
I already have additional devices installed. Can these still be used?
You can connect a variety of systems to the fiber optic circuit.
- AMI interface
- CD changer
- Bluetooth interface
- Interface for digital radio DAB +
It is important that the fiber optic circuit remains closed. For this, we enclose a fiber optic Y cable with every product.
Are there any restrictions to be observed for the Bluetooth Interface 4201?
The Bluetooth Interface 4201 for the MMI 2G system emulates a CD changer, so it is identified as a CD changer by the MMI system. Since the MMI 2G System can manage 2 CD changers, a possibly installed 2nd CD changer must be deactivated.
The Bluetooth Interface 4201 can therefore be operated together with a CD changer.
Where and how is the Interface connected exactly?
The Interface can be connected to the CD changer connection. Alternatively, it can be connected to another interface or directly to the MMI system or to the control unit.
Do I need additional or special tools for installation?
You need the usual tools or electrical tools. Occasionally our removal tools are needed.
Are there instructions for Installation?
In the menu item Installation examples you will find examples of different brands and vehicles for the installation of our products. Since the installation is often very similar, the various steps in the instructions can also be transferred to many other vehicles. We also offer you step-by-step installation instructions.
What can I do if the installation just doesn't work?
The very detailed and illustrated instructions are a great help. If you get stuck with this, please send us an email. In the vast majority of cases, we can resolve problems and questions at short notice by email.
Can I return the device if I don't like the set?
For this we offer you our 30-day right of withdrawal.
There are no reviews in the current language.