DAB / DAB + Interface 4502 for AUDI MMI 3G and RMC
Finally an end to poor radio reception or just a few stations. Great sound and lots of new channels. With this set you can retrofit digital radio reception in your car. This gives you digital, crystal-clear sound and a variety of radio stations. Also national broadcasters.
The interface has the service following function. So if the reception quality of the station deteriorates, the interface searches in the background for a stronger reception offer from this station. FM support is not offered in the station search function.
The interface is suitable for all MMI 3G systems: MMI 3G BASIC / MMI 3G / MMI 3G HIGH (PLUS) / RMC.
An existing CD changer can continue to be operated, as can other MMI modules such as the Bluetooth interface.
- Full integration into the MOST System
- Complete operation via the Audi MMI System
- Dynamic label segment DL / DL +
- Supports standard DAB and DAB +
- With TA function (traffic Radio)
- Service Following function
- Operation via the MMI and the multifunction steering wheel
- Sound output via all vehicle speakers (also with DSP, Bose and H&K)
- All displays and information appear in the MMI display, without additional monitors or remote controls
- A factory-installed antenna or the antenna supplied can be used as the antenna
- No extra power supply for the antenna, it is supplied with power via the interface
- Easy installation
- Installation is not complicated
- No activation required after installation
- DAB+ Interface connection Points:
- Where the CD changer is often installed.
- Connection to the CD changer, if available
- AUDI A8 4H: behind the glove compartment or in the middle of the trunk
- AUDI A4, AUDI A5, AUDI A6, AUDI A8 4E, AUDI Q5: Behind the glove compartment or trunk on the driver's side
- AUDI Q7 4L: Behind the glove box or trunk on the passenger side
- Recommended connection of the antenna: windshield on the passenger side.
- Step by step installation instructions. (Download)
- Operation via the MMI system and the control element.
- Very well explanatory operating instructions. (Download)
- Housing dimensions: 65 x 90 x 35 mm (L x W x H)
- Housing material: Metal
- Weight: approx. 95g
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 Volt (+10,5V - 14,8V)
- Power consumption with Antenna (Scope of delivery): 180mA
- Power consumption without Antenna: 145mA
- Resting current : 0mA
- Communication and Control: MOST bus
- Radio module for DAB/DAB+
- Connection cables
- Fiber optic cable (MOST bus)
- DAB Antenna
- Stey-by-Step Installation and Operation Manual (English/German)
Does the Interface have to be activated / coded?
No. Coding or activation via the vehicle's diagnostic system is not necessary.
Can I use the buttons on the radio or the multifunction steering wheel to control the Interface?
Yes, to us for regulating the volume and for selecting the previous or the next track. You can find more details in the instruction guide.
I already have additional devices installed. Can these still be used?
You can connect a variety of systems to the fiber optic circuit.
- AMI interface
- CD changer
- Bluetooth interface
- Interface for digital radio DAB +
It is important that the fiber optic circuit remains closed. For this, we enclose a fiber optic Y cable with every product.
Where and how is the Interface connected exactly?
The Interface can be connected to the CD changer connection. Alternatively, it can be connected to another interface or directly to the MMI system or to the control unit.
Do I need additional or special tools for installation?
You need the usual tools or electrical tools. Occasionally our removal tools are needed.
Are there instructions for Installation?
In the menu item Installation examples you will find examples of different brands and vehicles for the installation of our products. Since the installation is often very similar, the various steps in the instructions can also be transferred to many other vehicles. We also offer you step-by-step installation instructions.
What can I do if the installation just doesn't work?
The very detailed and illustrated instructions are a great help. If you get stuck with this, please send us an email. In the vast majority of cases, we can resolve problems and questions at short notice by email.
Can I return the device if I don't like the set?
For this we offer you our 30-day right of withdrawal.
There are no reviews in the current language.